Monday, May 18, 2009

Hub 5 in the Hub Challenge: Categories of Folklore

Hub number 5 in the Hubpages Hub Challenge, "Categories of Folklore" has taken me off on another tangent - so don't expect another hub posted for a couple of days.

The Categories within the topic of "Folklore," I have found (as if I didn't know before? doh!), are many, varied and are essentially a string of other related research topics that go on and on and on...not to mention that they're all connected in interesting ways which toss a person mercilessly through and throughout many genres and mediums!

Most interesting to date is the category of "Child Lore" that I hadn't paid much attention to except for in a 'Fairy Tales' sub-heading...

I can't tell you much about what I have been finding under the heading of Child Lore but I can tell you that it is enough complex information to build another hub about!

So, for the next couple of days, I'll be working on this specific genre and phenomena concerning Child Lore within the paradigm of Folklore topics I have found in books, on the internet, and also from some personal interactions with KIDS!

That said...

Here's my hub: Categories of Folklore

No doubt, once the Hubpages Hub Challenge writing contest is finished, this Categories of Folklore hub will have to be constantly updated.

What was I thinking? Building a hub about such a topic...when there are libraries FULL of folklore items...

...well - I'd best be off to the library now, hadn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment